Sunday 18 December 2011

And so we face the final curtain. Thank you, and sorry, to everybody who completed the quiz. If you enjoyed it, and you felt like donating a couple of quid to www.childsifoundation.org that would make my Christmas.

Let's take a look at those final answers;

31. MAD WORLD (anagram)
32. SOUND OF THE UNDERGROUND
33. EARTH SONG (anagram)
34. THATS MY GOAL
35. REET PETITE ( can't accept 'Always On My Mind', the clue to that would be 'Carol Kirkwood from BBC Breakfast is'
36. MULL OF KINTYRE (Consideration MULL of OF family KIN sleepiness TYRE)
37. ONLY YOU (only ewe)
38. WHEN A CHILD IS BORN
39. BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (very hard-earned anagram)
40. KILLING IN THE NAME (mrs iSLA YINGstrom)

10 of you finished on full marks (I told you no-onevwould, well done me again). The tie break was to create a clue for a city I hadn't used.

My two faves were;

@GJMale ROBIN'S RESTING PLACE
@CLARITYSWAHLEZ ARMSTRONG SHOUTSVABUSE AT OSMAN'S CHRISTMAS QUIZ

So I had to choose, and @CLARITYSWAHLEZ provided another, non-Christmas clue;

WHO WINS THE QUIZ? A COIN IS TOSSED

So congratulations @clarityswahlez who wins £100 for the charity of their choice.

Congratulations too, to @nci1, who was picked at random by my friend Ed texting me a random number. She also wins £100 for a charity of her choice.

I'll be in touch with both of you today.

And finally, a Very Merry Christmas to one and all, and a Wonderful New Year.

Signing off,

Richard xxx

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff Richard and congratulations to the winner. Looking forward to the next one already but glad to get my life back for the foreseeable future! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were the answers to the other cities?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ caead - I can get ALGIERS (Al jeers) and NICOSIA (A COIN IS tossed). ROBIN'S RESTING PLACE eludes me.

    Thank you, Richard, for a most enjoyable quiz. Congrats to the winners, and merry Christmas to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think in keeping with the time allowed for this quiz, I'll wait until midnight before giving the answer to my tiebreaker. Of course, someone will probably get it before then.

    Thank you again, Richard, it's been a very entertaining week. And congrats again to clarityswahlez for great tiebreakers and nci1 for, erm, being lucky. Seriously, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Khartoum. Robin, as in the three-wheel car maker, and a resting place (of the dead) is a tomb. CarTomb.

    ReplyDelete